Avo Photonics is a dynamic contract engineering services company that designs, develops and manufactures custom opto-electronic products for a large customer base. Members of our staff have the opportunity to design, prototype, and produce next generation products for a diverse range of markets including environmental, medical, military, industrial, aerospace, and communications.
We seek a diligent, dedicated and meticulous person who will help further our success and reputation in the industry through world-class customer service. The successful candidate must plan his/her work schedule, keep multiple records, be self-motivated, maintain a professional presence, and have the desire to take ownership.
- Support multiple photonic-based programs
- Perform engineering analysis of product requirements and assist in deriving mechanical system and component solutions
- Create mechanical models, detailed drawings, and tolerance analyses
- Perform thermal and mechanical modeling as well as finite element analysis
- Provide hands-on skills to help produce prototypes
- Assist in component sourcing
- Prepare and present technical status reviews
- B.S. (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred) in Mechanical Engineering
- Fluent in SolidWorks and/or Pro E
- Minimum five years' relevant (micro-optics or micro-electronics) industry experience
- Demonstrated ability to elegantly perform thermal and mechanical analysis and modeling
- Minimum three years' experience performing Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Outstanding verbal and written English communication skills
- Attributes: High attention to detail, personable, social harmonizer, integrated planner, able to resolve conflicts, motivated, willing to take initiative, and strong observation skills
Apply: Avo Photonics offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Avo Photonics is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Avo Photonics by any method without a valid written contract in place with Avo Photonics will be deemed the sole property of Avo Photonics. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Avo Photonics as a result of the referral or through any other means.