This is an ideal opportunity to share your creativity and grow your skills through the design and development of a very large variety of opto-electronic products. Given our business model, your exposure to exciting technology is unlimited.
The successful candidate must keep multiple records, be self-motivated, maintain a professional presence, and have the desire to take ownership of projects. If you are a technically strong, organized, confident, experienced, energetic multi-tasker with conceptual thinking skills, then you will find a rewarding and satisfying home with Avo Photonics.
- Create optical models of waveguides and PIC structures using commercial and foundry-provided design tools
- Create physical optic models of component/system designs and derive tolerances
- Produce optical breadboards with emphasis on testing of PIC structures and present technical data to customers
- Identify, evaluate and work with PIC foundries to source PIC fabrication
- Support the production of prototypes and initial volume production
- Prepare and present technical status reviews
- M.S. (Ph.D. preferred) in Optical Science/Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics
- Capable of basic optical physics hand-calculations and experience with ASAP, GLAD, Zemax, or other optical modeling software
- Understanding of waveguides and PICs (experience in PIC design preferred)
- Fluent in the production of optical breadboards using standard components
- Understanding of optical component assembly / packaging processes desired
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
Apply: Avo Photonics offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to: email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Avo Photonics is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Avo Photonics by any method without a valid written contract in place with Avo Photonics will be deemed the sole property of Avo Photonics. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Avo Photonics as a result of the referral or through any other means.