Are you an engineer or scientist with excellent technical, communication and business skills who likes a challenge and wants to work on cutting edge optical technology from concept through production for industry leading customers? If yes, please apply.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced person to innovate creative technical solutions, analyze complex relationships, enjoy the opportunity to oversee the initial production of their creation, and witness the transition into high-volume production at Avo.
The successful candidate must plan his/her own work schedule to meet project deadlines, keep multiple records, be self-motivated, maintain a professional presence, and have the desire to take ownership of projects. If you are a technically strong, organized, confident, experienced, energetic multi-tasker with business savvy and conceptual thinking skills, then you will find a rewarding and satisfying home with Avo Photonics. This position will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Manage multiple photonic-based programs, provide system engineering direction to internal Team, and present technical, schedule, and cost data to customer
- Perform engineering analysis of product requirements and assist in deriving optical, mechanical, and electrical solutions
- Create optical models of component/system designs and derive tolerances
- Provide hands-on skills to help produce prototypes
- Create optical breadboards for demonstrating performance and testing
- Assist in component sourcing
- Prepare and present technical status reviews
- M.S. (Ph.D. preferred) in Optical Science/Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics
- Experience with ASAP, GLAD, Zemax, or other optical modeling software
- Fluent in the production of optical breadboards using standard components
- Experience with scientific/engineering software analysis tools
- Understanding of optical component assembly / packaging processes
- Program/Project Management or System Engineering experience
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Attributes: High attention to detail, personable, social harmonizer, integrated planner, able to resolve conflicts, motivated, willing to take initiative
Apply: Avo Photonics offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to email their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Avo Photonics is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Avo Photonics by any method without a valid written contract in place with Avo Photonics will be deemed the sole property of Avo Photonics. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Avo Photonics as a result of the referral or through any other means.